The British and German Embassies in the Philippines are inviting project proposals to the Mitigation Action Facility (formerly the Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Action Fund). The funding will provide technical assistance and climate finance for ambitious emission reduction projects which support the decarbonisation of key sectors of the economy·
- Read the General Information Document (GID) to learn more about the Call for Projects 2023.
- Take a look at the Project Concept template (for information purposes only) to better understand which information has to be provided in the online application portal.
- Check the Mitigation Guidelines for the Project Concept Phase to better estimate the mitigation potential of your project.
- Submit the Project Concept Proposal via the MAF Open Application Platform
In the new call for proposals, ambitious and feasible climate change mitigation projects will be selected for funding support through a comprehensive four stage selection process. This is made up of: (i) Concept Phase; (ii) Outline Phase; (iii) Detailed Preparation Phase; and (iv) Implementation Phase. The Project Concept Phase has been newly introduced to help simplify the initial application process and open the competition to a wider range of potential partners.
- Applications which pass the four-stage process will receive technical assistance and grant finance to help deliver the project.
- The overall funding pot available through this call is EUR 100 million. There is a per project limit of EUR 25 million.
- Proposals are encouraged to align themselves with key climate strategies including: the implementation of Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs), long-term strategies (LTS), the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) processes and global cooperation (NDC Partnerships).
- Applications are encouraged from projects which deploy novel technologies or focus on priority sectors including energy, transport, or manufacturing.
Deadline: 31 July 2023