The position is to be filled on a full time basis (38,5 hours/week). A temporary contract is offered with a term ending 31 March 2023. The salary is paid according to the salary scheme applicable to the German Embassy in Manila.
The work includes
- observation and analysis of political developments in the Philippines and the ASEAN region,
- preparing briefings (written and oral) and meetings on specific political topics
- representing the German Embassy in political briefings with subsequent reporting
- initiating and supporting the implementation of projects
- administrative support for German institutions
- protocol affairs
The Embassy expects
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in political science, international relations or law
- excellent command of English and Tagalog (written and spoken), command of German language is of advantage
- profound knowledge of the Philippine political system and current regional political developments
- excellent communication skills and good handling of social media
- excellent analytical skills and ability to analyse texts
- commitment, initiative and flexibility
- pleasure in working with people and capacity of teamwork
- work experience in the field of political analysis would be advantageous
Application deadline: 8 March 2021
Please send your application with a CV only by e-mail to the Embassy of Federal Republic of Germany, for the attention of Ms. Santos, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “Bewerbung LB Pol (04/2021)”.
Please include the following documents in your application:
- CV/Biodata with a photo
- Letter of Motivation (maximum one page)
- Certificates/letters of reference
- Proof of employment to date
- Applicants with a nationality other than the Philippine nationality must be holders of a residence and employment permit for the Philippines, valid for at least a year. In such cases, a copy of the passport as well as the residence and employment permit must be included in the application.
Incomplete applications can unfortunately not be considered.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an (for the time being virtual) interview in the second half of March 2021.
CONNECT WITH US!
The German Embassy Manila offers internship position/s limited to German citizens only.
For more information about Job Vacancy and Internship, contact us here.